Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Better late than never

I'm fairly new to this sketching thing so at times it's a bit overwhelming to be sneaking in well after the party has started. As odd as it seems, I feel as though Im barging my way in. I'm a party crasher.

But that's pure nonsense really.

From what Ive seen so far in visiting the numerous sites and pages is that the community is very welcoming and encouraging.

And so this sketchbooking journey for me is about to begin. I dug up my old drawing stuff which has been used very, very sparingly over the last 5 or so years.

- a 75page 70lb 9x12 Bienfang sketchbook
- 2 dozen or so pencils of various lead types
- 3 white rubber eraser
- 5 kneaded erasers (yes five. Dont ask why just smile, nod and continue reading)
- 10 Staedler 0.3mm finetip pens (various colours)
- 6 Steadler 0.4mm metallic gel-liners (gold, silver, copper etc..) Actually I have no idea where I got these from. I kmow I would have never willingly purchased them. Employee theft maybe? Shhhh. Ha ha. 
- 2 pencil sharpeners
- one 0.5mm mechanical pencil
- 2 rulers(metal, plastic)
- erasing shield ( I took drafting in high school so finding this was a trip down memory lane)
- and last but not least, a plaid kilt bag loaded with possibly 100 Prismacolour pencil crayons. ( high school art supplies which are 25plus years old...ugh! Thinking of that just made me feel very, very old...)

Here's my first attempt drawing my supplies:

















Starting to draw again is simultaneously exciting and terrifying so there's no better way to begin then by joining a challenge group. Liz Steel had a post about the whole thing on her blog so I thought I'd check it out and give it a go. It's the EDiM ( Every Day in May) challenge. The challenge is to complete one drawing according to the event calendar. I went to the Facebook page, joined the group and got the EDiM challenge list so I'm good to go.

She also mentioned the Everyday Matters Challenge and even though the Yahoo group is done, I downloaded the list when those moments of not knowing what to draw try to prevent any of my progress.  If anything it'll be great practice and fun to see how it goes.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment